Thursday, November 15, 2012

Purty quiet today

I was unlawfully imprisoned again today. Mom has a weekly appointment on Thursdays and put me in that derned cave again. Browf! I showed her, though. The blankie she spread on top of the cave? I had it almost all the way IN the cave by the time she got home. There are about 50 billion holes in it now. You know what she did? She put it back on top the cave.

When I heard her open the door about 100 hours later, I yapped and yelped and started jumping up on the side of the cave again. It was crazy time. She came back! Can you believe it? She came back! Once she opened the door, we hugged and I gave her 100,000 kisses, and then we went outside. I helped her get the groceries out of the car and sniffed the bags for contraband. All's well on the grocery bag front! You're welcome, mom.

We had a bunch of adventures outside today. I helped with gardening, locating pooh for mom to pick up, and watering the yard whenever I could. You should see it. Leaves, crunchy underfoot stuff, everywhere! And I could spend all day with my nose to the ground. I smell at least two other dogs, squirrels, deer, lizards, snakes, and all sorts of other critters that have left me tree mail. They know not to come here now that I am in the hood!

I gots ear boogers. Dr. K said so. Mom has to clean them out and put medicine in, but I don't care. I just sit in her lap and let her do it.

Dad gave me a sweatshirt of his. It sure helps me know that I have something that smells like my people. It's my new snuggle thing.

Now, I'm just plain tuckered out. Somewhere between the hearth and under the recliner, I found a spot to go kersplat. I like being in tight spots almost as much as I like being splayed out in the middle of the room. 'Scuse me now, I got ZZZzzz's to make.

P.S. Mom, if you're reading, I really don't like being alone. You can leave that new age music on till the cows come home, but I'm still not gonna like it. Barowf!

No comments:

Post a Comment